Thursday, September 28, 2006

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Earthquake rocks Samoa. Okay, perhaps "rocks" is a bit too strong of a word, but we did feel it on our little island paradise. A 6.7 earthquake with the epicenter roughly 180 miles South Southwest struck around 7:20 pm local time on Wednesday. It was too far out to sea to warrant any tsunami warnings, but the island shook for a good 30 seconds. I was at home watching the HBO series "Rome" highly recommend it, but watch out for gratuitous nudity. Anyway, I was watching TV and my house started to shake. At first I thought it was a local Samoan in his pimped out SUV with the bass booming driving by my house, but I didn't hear the associated rap music. Jessi called me a couple of minutes later and we figured out it must have been an earthquake. Wow. No damage to the island, and no real threat, but another interesting adventure for me. Another thing off my list - feeling the earth shake.

No comments: