Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's Official, Again

First Illinois, now the United States Territory of American Samoa. I am an official lawyer in Am. Sam. This admission was a lot easier - just had to fill out the application - because they have reciprocity with Illinois. Before everyone starts filling out the application, you must be a resident of American Samoa.
Chief Justice F. Michael Kruse of the High Court of American Samoa administered the Oath for the Territory. The oath was a little longer than Illinois, and made me swear that I would defend the United States from its enemies both domestic and foreign. A little random, but I can do that, but I hope I did not just enlist in the military.
Two down, about fifty-four left (including the other territories and DC). Which one is next?

No comments: